Saturday 30 August 2014

White Chocolate & Strawberry Cheesecake



This cheesecake is the absolute bomb! If I ever decide to sell my food and make a business this is my number one go to never fail me recipe. It really is such a great crowd pleaser. The combination of gingernut biscuits, white chocolate and strawberries work really well together. I have also previously used raspberries in this recipe but I think the strawberries are a winner winner! 

I actually have found myself occasionally dreaming about and woke up craving it all day! It's a great 'pick me up' dessert and will always give you a little lift when you need it. 
To me it’s like a big hug! 

For this recipe I use white chocolate from Aldi and I use 2 full bars. The chocolate is of a high quality and it really brings through the flavour and sweetness. I have also used large amounts of milky bar white buttons to make this cheesecake but you do need a lot to carry through the flavour and the Aldi block of white chocolate works better. 

Anyway enough praise for now, it’s time for you all to see for yourself! It has taken me sometime to actually share this on the blog and I think this may be something to do with the fact that it is very precious to me and it was/is my signature cheesecake. 

Hope you enjoy, feel free to leave a comment!  

Ingredients: 
Biscuit Base: 
30 ginger nut biscuits 
75g butter 
2 tablespoons of golden syrup 

Filling: 
500g Cream cheese 
125ml double cream 
400g white chocolate 
20 strawberries to decorate   


Begin by heating the oven to 160℃.  
In a saucepan melt together the butter and golden syrup. Next break up all the biscuits in the plastic food bag with a rolling pin. Once they are like fine breadcrumbs mix together with the melted butter and golden syrup. 
Press down and flatten into a cheesecake tin. Bake in the oven for no more than 10minutes. Be careful it doesn’t burn. You just want to let the biscuits harden and set.  Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a little while in the fridge before adding the filling. 

Next in a heat proof bowl over hot water melt all the white chocolate. Make sure the water in the base of the saucepan is not touching the base of the bowl as it will burn the chocolate. Leave to melt on a very low heat for 4-5minutes. Once melted remove from the heat and leave to chill slightly. 

In a mixing bowl beat the double cream for 3-4minutes until thickened. Add in the cream cheese and beat lightly until thoroughly mixed together. Pour in the melted white chocolate and mix gently to a smooth consistency. Pour the filling on top of the biscuit base. Smooth out the surface with a palette knife. Slice the strawberries in half and decorate as you wish inserting them gently into the filing. Leave to set for at least 12hours in the fridge. 

Enjoy










No comments:

Post a Comment