Monday 6 July 2015

Carlingford - WildWood Cafe review



This is my first review.
It is inspired by my visit to Carlingford to my good pal Naomi. Amongst many foodie outlets we enjoyed this weekend she took me to visit her friend Joanna who just opened the doors to 'Wildwood Cafe' run by her and her husband - Joanna and Shane. They've only recently opened their doors (June 2015) and the excitement and energy in the place was surreal.
Their cafe embodies modern new age designs and ideas with cool life/foodie quotes, images and interesting quirky decor all set amongst the most spectacular breathtaking location looking down on Carlingford Lough and village.

Now I could go on all day about the decor of this place but it is important that I mention the humble healthy hearty food on offer - after all this is why we were here!

I absolutely love trying out new food and new food places and Wildwood Cafe could could be one of my top ever favourite food discoveries.
Wildwood Cafe is designed around the philosophy of healthy wholesome food that is freshly prepared whilst providing optimal taste and nutrition. It is similar to the idea of 'Happy Pear' in Greystones however it is not strictly vegetarian as there are meat dishes on the menu such as the Chef's signature dish 'Thai Green Curry'. I was sorry to not have ordered this also.
Joanna makes you feel very welcome and delighted to have you in her cafe which is nice to experience. She takes time to explain the menu and get to know her customers while her husband Shane runs the kitchen. With the help of Joanna, I order and enjoyed a colourful plate full of Falafel, hummus, tzatziki, roast vegetables, zingy beetroot and ginger slaw and green salad all served with toasted warm flat breads fresh off the griddle pan. This was a plate of heaven for me as I love picking at small pieces of food and mixing them together. It was so fresh and bursting full of flavour.
My friend Naomi had the gorgeous Zesty Bean Burger with salads and homemade wedges.
I've included the pictures of our food below which give you an idea.




All in all this foodie experience was well worth the visit and I shall be back very soon to sample the rest of the varied menu.

Meeting these people inspired me and allowed me to recognise the energy, determination, passion and love that goes into a place like Wildwood Cafe.

*Website B&B and Cafe - http://carlingfordbandbviewpoint.com/cafe-carlingford-wild-wood/

*Wildwood Cafe facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildwood-Caf%C3%A9/413777612162403?sk=info&tab=overview



No comments:

Post a Comment