Sunday 23 August 2015

Cono Sur Food Blogger Competition - Go on Throw me a Vote!



This has been a crazy week! Great news for Pound of Butter - I'm still in disbelief that I have been lucky enough to be shortlisted to the final 13 people in the ConoSur Food Blogger competition in Ireland!

The competition is very simple - you have to create a recipe (main course dish) that teams well with any Cono Sur Single Vineyard Wines.
My chosen recipe is 'Risotto with wild mushroom and Pancetta' and I teamed this dish with Cono Sur Sauvignon Blanc.
Risotto is one of my all time favourite dishes to prepare.

I have included the recipe below taken from the ConoSur Website.


Now onto the really important stuff - the prize for this competition is pretty UNBELIEVABLE and it really is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Starting from last week people are able to vote for their own country's favourite recipe one vote per person and email address. Then on September 15th (Day 2 of Ballymaloe Cookery School for me) the top three recipes from Ireland will be shortlisted and go on to Round Two!!

Renowned Chef Christopher Carpentier will then prepare each Semi-Finalist's dish and select one finalist from each participating country. From this 5 finalists will be sent to none other the beautiful Paris (did I mention my sister lives in Paris?) Here each finalist will prepare their dish to a panel of judges. The overall winner will be sent on a trip for two to Chile to visit the Cono Sur Vineyards and discover it's beautiful home country!


So if you think I'm worthy and you'd like to see me go a little further you can vote in the competion through the following link:  

http://bloggercompetition.conosur.com/index.php/vote



Thank you for your support in advance and thanks for stopping by!

Onwards & Upwards!




Will keep you all posted!

Tracy X

No comments:

Post a Comment