Wednesday 26 August 2015

No Bake Energy Bites - Back to School Snacks!♥️




It's that time of year again - Back to School Time - except not for me this year... Ballymaloe is fast approaching! Only 3 weeks until the BIG move to Cork.  

As you see I had a lot of fun photographing these! Perhaps it has a lot to do with the fact that I am not back to school like everybody else and I have all this free time on my hands! 
My photography skills are slowly improving day by day! 

So this post is all about preparing a healthy tasty snack that you might enjoy in a back to school lunch box for kids or yourself or as a mid morning snack to help keep you going till lunch. 

These are so easy to make and can be made as healthy as you like or as cheeky as you like! 

I've made these now a few times and you can experiment as much as you want till you find the flavours you like and what works well together.

The batch photographed above include the following recipe:
This batch made me about 18 mini bites.

Ingredients: 
175g Flahavan's Oats
2 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of goji berries
1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips

-Stir all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Cover with some cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for half an hour.
-Once chilled, roll into bite size balls and store in an air-tight container in the fridge.


Additional ingredients to use in alternative bites: 
Any nut butter - cashew, almond
Nutella
Chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds
Pistachio nuts, Cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds,  pecans
Dates, dried sultanas, raisins,
Cacao nibs
White chocolate chips & Toasted Coconut (must try this one soon)

So I hope you like the recipe and give them a try - keep tweaking them till you find your favourite combination and let me know if you made them in the comment box below!









No comments:

Post a Comment